Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Im ready....

For a job change. Im getting burnt out. And why may you ask? Well, when I wake up every day and am getting ready for work...the one thing that goes through my mind every morning is that work is the last place that I want to be. It's not because Im lazy...because if that were the case, I wouldnt also be a guard instructor every other evening of the week.

Ive been searching the paper and our state website...and there hasnt been anything. The other problem with my place of employment, is that we are the lowest paid Social Workers in our city. I kid you not. It really doesnt help that we are funded by grants alone, but still...come on. Times are changing...cost of living is steadily increasing. Lets get on the band wagon shall we?

So needless to say, Im looking. Im looking quite a bit. The sooner I find another job, probably will be for the better. Don't get me wrong, I love working with most of the clients, but beating your head against the same dang wall over and over because there arent any services for this person and there arent enough for this person...really tiresome. I also dont really enjoy my new supervisor. We had a recent change beginning of this summer...and it's not going well at all. It was supposed to be temporary, but I think it's going to be more permanent from now on. So...

Next subject please... :) I want you to meet my beautiful guard girls! Here are some pictures of the whole crew and some of them performing. If you go here: http://www.indianamarching.com/bands/index.php?type=Band&school=North%20Posey&city=Poseyville you will be able to see a few videos from last year's marching season (2007).

This is the whole crew. That includes me, my two guard techs, and my six girls. This was right before their wonderful performance for Best Guard!





Warmups

During a performance...they didnt have all of their work for weapons, so they werent spinning here...oh well! :) These are my four upperclassmen who I have been working with for the past 3 years (three of them were freshmen when I started). I love these girls and wouldnt trade them for anything!

So that's just something for your viewing pleasure. If you do view the video...make sure you look at the one from 10/20/07...that is from State Finals in the RCA Dome.

10 comments:

Katie said...

I believe I saw a pretty awesome ginger in that state finals video...what happened to that crazy kid? haha. Gah I miss it. But you guys are doing wonderful and I hope to hear about them winning more guard awards throughout the season. Good luck!

Mrs Woggie said...

Good luck with your quest for a new job, or a pay increase! That guard stuff is pretty cool, I've never seen anything like that before!!

(As you know, here from ICLW!)

I Believe in Miracles said...

I'm so glad you have the guard girls to distract you some form the horrific job. Yeah!!

I didn't change jobs for a long time... and now that I have, I cannot believe I'd waited so long. Good luck in your quest!!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

That is so cool you work with the Guards. Nice pictures, hope the job situation looks up soon. Visiting from ILCW.

Just Me. said...

Great pictures!!! I hope you do get a better hope that gives you a better pay package and also gives you the passion in a job that you're seeking for. Going to work everyday with a "THIS SUCKS. WHY AM I DOING THIS?" is not healthy. I should know better cuz I was doing that in a particular job aeons ago.

ps Sorry I've been MIA lately. Will catch up with you soon. *hugs*

Jaymee said...

good luck with the job search.
i will graduate in may with a BSW and BS in psychology, and will hopefully land right into graduate school. this job market scares me.

ILCW

Cara said...

Wow! We did watch the Oct. video and my kids were glued to the screen!

Thanks for sharing!

ILCW

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the best with the job situation.

Here from ICLW.

Fifty K said...

Good luck on the job hunt. I was burnt out a few years ago and found another job. Not exactly what I want to do for the rest of my life but I am much happier. Wishing you all the best in your hunt.

*ICLW*

Mel said...

Thanks for sharing the super fun pictures of your girls! Looks like you all have a blast!

I wish I had words of wisdom to share re: your desire to change jobs, but alas, I'm stuck in the same place. I'm glad you're keeping your options open. I'm sure there LOTS of places where your knowledge/experience could benefit others.

P.S. I tagged you over on my blog. :)