Monday, November 23, 2009

The week from HELL!!!

And I am not exaggerating when I say that it has literally been the week from Hell! I mean, I think that everything that could possibly happen within the past 7 days, has happened. Let me begin...

Sunday 11/15 - Computer crashes. There are so many viruses on the thing, our antivirus software won't even take care of them. We tried everything. Literally, everything. It's no good. So, I'm waiting to hear back from C.omp.uters Pl.us as to what they were able to do about it.

Monday 11/16 - Literally get cussed out on the phone for about 30 minutes. The first 10 minutes were by the person herself because she was informed that she would not be eligible for our program. The other 20, she was screaming and yelling in the background with every other word out of her mouth being F* this and that while I am trying to explain to her calm husband why they are not currently eligible for the program. Yes, I got short with her because she was screaming at me. I do not have to put up with people talking to me like that. Ever. Period. And I won't.

Tuesday 11/17 - Glucose screening. Didn't know my results yet, so that wasn't such an issue. However, met with our band boosters that evening and they pretty much told me that they were refusing to support our winterguard program. That we would have to open our own account and run all of our money through that. Oh yea, and I needed to apologize to the rest of the organization for apparently something that I said. Which I did not.

Wednesday 11/18 - Find out the results of my Glucose screening. Again, big fat F. Have to schedule for the extended screening. Oh yea, and I manage to get cussed out again because someone is not eligible for our program. And, did I mention there is not anything I can do about that??

Thursday 11/19 - Get hung up on due to someone not being eligible for our program and I honestly can not explain to her why she did not qualify after the online assessment. I did not understand it myself, but, again there is nothing that I can do about it.

Friday 11/20 - My supervisor informs me that I need to watch the way that I talk to people on the phone. Excuse me??? She said that she received a few complaints about me being short on the phone. However, would not give me any examples or tell me whether it was just possible clients or what. So, I explained that the only people that I have been "short" with are the ones who cuss me out over the phone. She actually led into this by asking me if I was stressed and how I was handling my transition from the Outreach Team to this program. I was not a happy camper the rest of the day.

Saturday went well, no issues here. Thankfully. I needed a reprieve from my crappy work week. So, I spent most of my day relaxing and had lunch with a friend whom I had not seen in a really long time.

Sunday 11/22 - Woke up at around 5am with sharp stabbing pains under my rib cage. I hadn't had that much pain for this spot ever, so of course I was worried. Called the hospital and they told me that I needed to come in for some labs. While hooked up to the monitor, they noticed that I was having contractions anywhere from every 2 to 5 minutes. Not cool. They did labwork and everything came back normal. They checked my cervix...closed (whew). They did a Fetal Fibronectin test which came back negative, so that meant that I was not going to go into labor anytime soon (thank God). So, they first gave me Procardia to stop the contractions, but that did nothing. Then, they gave me a shot to make them stop. Definitely helped. After all this, I am informed that they do not know what is causing my pain under my rib cage, so I am given a GI cocktail to drink and wait some more. It did nothing. So, they sent me home with a prescription for Protonix. And might I tell you that is some expensive medicine! So, basically, the Dr. thinks it might be something with my stomach....yea, not sure about that one. This of course, is not my normal Dr. She was the Dr. on call at the time. Im just glad that my contractions stopped and things are starting to look up!

So...since this is a short week, I'm thinking that things can't get much worse. Only three days of actual work. Yay! And then hopefully I can enjoy all the great food that Thanksgiving has to offer :) We shall see.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

I hate weeks like that. At least it is over. I hope this week is going better so far. The people who cussed you out and then called to complain need to pull their heads out of their poop shoots or stick them up farther so as to aid quicker asphixiation.

Hooray indeed for a short work week. I pray you don't get any more calls or rude, ignorant people.

*hugs*

Katie said...

I'm sorry you had a rough week. Those are never fun. I understand the cussed out thing...I get that from my customers every day. Our store is not in the best place though.

As for the band boosters...I'm going to need you to write me and tell me more about that. They don't want the ginger kid coming up in there raising hell. haha. Hope everything gets better.

Sarah said...

Eeesh! That does sound like the week from hell. I'm sorry.

As for the Gestational diabetes, dont sweat it hun. I had it, and while its not fun....its do-able. I had to use insulin. Most woman can control it through diet. You made it through IF babe, you can do anything! =)

Happy thanksgiving!