Friday, November 13, 2009

Sleeping...What is that again?

So I have not been sleeping well...pretty much at all. Last night, sucked. Plain and simple. My back has a certain spot that has been hurting for nearly a month. Mostly, it's when I have sat for long periods of time. Which, coincidentally, happens on a daily basis.


Last night, I was able to sleep for a couple hours before hubby got home from work pretty comfortably. However, it was becoming very clear that a new part of my back was going to keep me from sleeping. I had hubby literally rub my back for about 15 min before I couldnt even stand laying down anymore. I had to eventually get up and move to the recliner with my pillow and a blanket. It helped for a little bit, so I tried to move back to bed. As soon as my body hit the mattress, my back began to ache yet again. So, I laid there for about a minute and then decided to walk my happy butt back to the recliner. And there I slept for the rest of my 3 hours until I had to get up and get ready for work.

Here I sit, my back still killing, but not in the place that it was last night. Anyone have any suggestions? I have used the heating pad at night when I get home from work, I walk around at my job every so often so that I am not sitting all dang day. I think I will talk to my Dr. on Tuesday just to make sure this is all normal and ok. I'm sure it is, but I want to be sure.

Okay, so seriously, I need to post some pictures of my belly :) I will try to do that tonight. I have a couple from earlier, but I dont have any that are recent. I will have to try to take a good picture of myself if possible :) lol.

Oh and please don't think that I am complaining about my pregnancy. Believe me, I am not! I would not trade this for the world! It has been the most amazing experience I have ever been through. I just want to make sure this whole back thing is a natural thing and should be expected. I am scared shitless about the impending third trimester...lol.

2 comments:

VA Blondie said...

I think it is all right to complain. Hell, I complain all the time. I think the hubby is getting a little tired of it.

Invest in a body pillow or pregnancy pillow. I eventually started piling pillows all around me just so that I could sleep. I sleep on my left side with the body pillow in front of me supporting the belly and between my legs. I also have a regular pillow behind my back. I think the only way I get any sleep at all is with the body pillow! Hang in there!

Megs said...

I have a body pillow that I sleep with every night between my legs and wedged under my growing belly :) I am going to try to use another pillow for behind my back tonight. I have to sleep on my left side because that is the most comfortable (usually). The right side, is not...lol. I hope tonight goes better :)