Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's a Big Fat "F"

And what does "F" stand for? That's right ladies, FAIL. You said it, I failed my first glucose screening. They didn't really say how bad, they just said that I had to come back in next week and do the 3 hour screening. So, I will be back in the lab on Tuesday at 8am doing the test. Oh what fun.

I also spoke with my Dr. about the pain I have had right below my rib cage on my right side and in my back on my right side. He told me to keep an eye on it because 1. it could be nothing at all other than the baby in an uncomfortable position 2. the possibility of a toxic pregnancy, which is actually still too early to have. He said this usually occurs around 36 weeks or so. And it has to do with your liver enzymes, or 3. it could be my gull bladder. So, I am supposed to pay attention to what happens after I eat a meal, does it get worse? stay the same? etc. Here's to hoping that it isnt anything serious :( I mean, we had a hell of a time getting pregnant, of course the actual pregnancy can't happen without issues right? We shall see. The pain can be pretty intense at times and the spot under my rib cage and the spot in my back usually hurt at the same time. It definitely makes me a little worried.

I now start to see my Dr. every 2 weeks. As of today, we are around 12 weeks from seeing our little man come into this world! We are extremely excited and I am beginning to get a little nervous. I am worrying about whether I have put enough things on my registry to help us get by. I am worrying we wont have enough daipers, clothes, wipes, etc to keep us going for a little bit. And of course, I am worried that something else is going on with my body outside of this little man growing inside me. I hate worrying. It sucks.

And Chelle, yes, Marching season is over! Whoo hoo! :) We ended up placing 5th in Class D in the State of Indiana. It was a great season. We are now beginning our winterguard season :) Oh joy! lol

3 comments:

Chelle said...

I ended up with GD during my pregnancy too. I can't remember if I cried or not, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It is easily controlled with diet. I got diagnosed at this time last year too, right before TG, which blew because I wanted pecan pie so bad! I gave in and ate it anyway.

As for the preparation thing, I think all new parents-to-be go through that. I think it was about two weeks before my baby was born that I said I was as ready as I could be and let the worry go.

I really hope that the pain is caused by the baby being in an uncomfortable position. You certainly don't need anything to worry about right now.

Ahhh winter guard. I was always so envious they got to keep marching after the band stopped. Nice job on placing 5th! That's awesome.

Sarah said...

Sorry you're in pain. Hope it goes away soon!

Mrs Woggie said...

I also had GD. Lots of tears. When I'd eat something and then get a crappy reading. I ended up having to inject insulin. It's not toooooo bad. Keep your chin up x