Tuesday, July 14, 2009

9 weeks 3 days :)

I haven't had a whole lot to write about recently. Things are moving along as far as I know :) I don't go back to the Dr. until Monday afternoon. Hubby won't be able to go with me this time, but I think I might actually have my Mom meet me there. I am going to venture to guess that they will be doing another ultrasound considering this is the first appointment with my OB. I am sure he will want to get a good look at everything. Well, at least I would hope. And of course, I would really like to see our little peanut again :) I am sure the growth will just be amazing!

I was given several books this weekend on pregnancy. The "What to Expect When You're Expecting", "Your pregnancy week by week", Baby Name Wizard, Belly Laughs with Jenny McCarthy (by the way, it's hilarious!!!!), and "The Expectant Father". It's great to not have to buy these for one. And, honestly I have been getting a lot of good information out of them. And as I said, the Belly Laughs book is flipping hilarious! I love it. It cracks me up :)

Hubby started reading "The Expectant Father" the night we brought it home. I was super impressed. He read all the way up to the third month. He said that it is all really interesting and was asking me all kinds of questions about the things I am feeling. He is so excited.

I have been feeling pretty good. Got sick Monday morning before I was able to eat anything, but have been alright since. When I get home from work I just want to crash on the couch for the rest of the night because I am pretty worn out. All of my pants are still fitting alright for the most part. Now, my tops on the other hand are slowly dwindling down. Not that there's anything really noticable yet, but I am not a fan of tight tops, and a lot of them are starting to get a little snug. I'm keeping my eye out for tops that arent maternity, but are cheap and hide the middle :) at least somewhat for a little bit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luckily, flowy tops are in fashion right now! You should be able to find a few non-maternity things pretty easily :).

Mel said...

Did I mention how excited I am for you?! :) I'm glad you're feeling better too. Keeping food/snacks handy was what got me through the first trimester. I also had to stay far, far away from Duke's food. I almost barfed in my purse at Target loading a bag of it into my cart! :)

Happy Belated Anniversary to you too! *hugs*

VA Blondie said...

Plus size clothes may help, if you need clothes of your own. Also ask the hubby if you can borrow some of his clothes. My Hubby's shirts have worked very well for me, in a pinch.

Also, I discovered Ebay! You can get some decent deals on maternity clothes if you hunt! Just always be prepared to walk away from something!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Target tops are pretty cheap - especially the sale racks! I've definitely browsed through those. And if you can, I'd totally try to borrow maternity clothes from friends. It has been a huge lifesaver. Oh - and craigslist. I've seen a bunch of stuff on there.

So excited for you!!!