Monday, September 14, 2009

Only one week!!

At exactly one week from today, almost to the minute we will be "hopefully" finding out whether we are having a boy or a girl. I am so excited, I can't hardly contain myself!!

Also...I am switching programs in my agency! It's fabulous news, because I have been wanting to head in a different direction for a while now, but jobs are so few and far between down here that I hadn't been able to find anything. At least I will be exploring a different avenue. Still working with homeless, but no longer the ones who are extremely hard to deal with (which puts a lot of stress on me at times). So I am excited about that!

We had our first day of Marching Band contests on Saturday! The kids did fantastic!!! We were at two different local high schools. We placed 1st at both, winning Best Drum Major in the morning and then Best Percussion and Best Colorguard in the evening!! I am so proud of my girls! Granted, it's the beginning of the season, and we still have LOTS to do, but they did a fantastic job! I think threatening them in the morning that they were going to make me go into early labor if they didn't get with the program may have worked ;) (of course, I was only kidding!)

I was so exhausted by the end of the day on Saturday that I passed out when I went to bed. I was up at 4 am and didnt get to bed until about 11:30 that evening. Talk about a long day! But it was worth it at the end :) I will post some pics when I get a chance!

2 comments:

Nic said...

OMG! So exciting! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

So what will you be doing with your new job??