Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back to the work week...with lots to update!

Just a little update to start off the week. I know it's Tuesday, but it feels like Monday with it having been a long weekend. Of course, they are never long enough though are they?? I actually was able to have a 4 day weekend, which was nice. We went camping at a local park. Had some pretty crazy storms, but overall managed to not get too soaked :) Yay for that!

I am FINALLY wearing maternity pants! Yes, I am excited about this because I was miserable most of the weekend having to keep my pants partially unbuttoned and wear a bellaband. Those things really are not that comfortable to me. So, yay for being able to wear pants! And, I actually found some that are long enough for my long legs! Whoo hoo! Always a plus!

Hubby and I ventured into B.ab.y's .R. U.s yesterday after getting home and unpacking. We ordered baby furniture!! So exciting!! I finally found some that I really, really like! We only ordered two pieces for now, but plan to order the final one here in a month or so. A sneak peak?? Oh sure...please go here to see the crib and go here to see the dresser. We will be ordering the other dresser/changer in the near future. I am so excited!! I love it!! We should be good to go with the furniture. There will be plenty of dresser drawers for baby's clothes and I am sure other items!

Also, my MIL is on the ball with planning my shower. She already has a date booked with their church in December. And can you believe how close that actually is?? Hubby keeps talking about Christmas (it's, of course, his favorite holiday) and how it's all about the baby this year. And I totally agree. I think when I start getting asked what I would like for Christmas, I am going to say, "Please see our Registry at..." or "Size...diapers" lol. It works for me! :)

So...there is lots to start thinking about soon! We will find out (hopefully) in two weeks what we are having! Two weeks from today to be exact! Then we will be able to start registering. Yay!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful week. I am gearing up for our first contests on Saturday. We still have lots to accomplish before then...I feel like we are really far behind right now. Busy week ahead!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

I never went the bella band route. I didn't find it comfortable either. Instead, I dawned the maternity pants early. They are seriously the most comfortable pants ever.

Isn't it so much fun getting ready for the little one? I LOVED all of the fun shopping, preparing, planning, setting up, etc. It is even more fun when you bring your little one home and introduce them to all of their goodies. Your post brings back all those fond memories. Are you feeling movement yet?

Have fun shopping some more and preparing to register for pink or blue. :)

Megs said...

Chelle - maternity pants are definitely a whole lot more comfortable!! :) And I am sure that once we figure out what we are having, I will be in trouble! lol

I'm not sure if I have felt movement yet or not. I think that maybe in the evenings once I start to settle down, I have felt some little flutters, but not much beyond that. And of course, it doesnt happen every night. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks it will start to pick up! :) That will be soooo exciting!!