Monday, August 31, 2009

My hubby...is going to be a wonderful daddy

We only have 3 more weeks until our Anatomy scan!! I can't wait to see our beautiful baby on the screen again :) And, of course, we will hopefully be finding out the sex!! I am soo excited for the day to come! I am sure the three weeks are going to drag, but then again, things will be picking up at work (I am hopefully moving into a new position! yay!) and Marching Band contests begin on the 12th! So, I am sure it will actually end up coming really quickly.

We spent the afternoon over at my mom and dad's yesterday. I love my mom's home cooked meals. We had beef roast with potatoes, cooked carrots, green beans, rolls, and one of my faves, cottage cheese :) lol. Yum, it was delicious! My mom and dad were watching my brother's kids (my neice, 5, and nephew, 2). My nephew had fallen asleep on the way home from church, so arrived to the table late after a nap. When told that he had to eat before going outside, he only wanted to sit on his Uncle's lap and eat. And of course, decided that his Uncle G needed to help him eat his carrots, so he decided to shove one in his mouth :)

After lunch, we took the kiddos to the park down the street from my parents. My nephew, again, only wanted to hold his uncle G's hand walking down the street. It's a beautiful sight, seeing a grown man pretty much do anything for a little one. Hubby was like a big kid playing with my neice and nephew. One main comment that was made, from hubby, " I can't wait til our baby gets here and I can do all of this with him/her as he/she gets older." My response, "You are going to be an awesome daddy".

I was literally teary-eyed a couple times watching him play with my niece and nephew. It was fabulous. Now, if we can just make a decision on baby furniture ;).

3 comments:

Just Believing said...

That is so sweet!!!!!! That will be such a wonderful day as you get to watch your husband be a daddy to you baby!!!!

Chelle said...

The best part is, it gets even better when its YOUR baby. If you think he's sweet now, wait until he is playing with his own child. I LOVE watching my husband with our daughter. She brings out a side of him that no one else does.

P.S. Marching band rules!

Katie said...

Aww. You are both going to make great parents! :)