Sunday, August 23, 2009

A little background for ICLW

I'm thinking that maybe I should give a little background in case people dont want to search for it on my blog :) I know we are already a couple days into ICLW, but I feel like I need to let you all in (for those who don't normally read) on our "little journey".

It's obviously been a rough ride. There are parts that I hope I never have to go back to. I know that our journey has not been as rough as others, but we have faced our own battles. We are all, unfortunately, in this together at some point or another. I am sure that I have lost a few readers along the way now that I have crossed that rickety old bridge and made it to the other side. However, I know that I will NEVER be a normal pregnant woman. I will have that fear throughout my whole pregnancy of 'what if'. So, on with our journey.

Hubby and I started TTC about 2 months after we were married. Looking back, I am sooo glad we started when we did, because we would have never discovered our issues as soon as we did.

My Gynecologist first put me on the Clomid challenge after having me chart my BBT for a few months. When that didn't work, I was referred to my RE. My RE did the basic testing and sent me for an HSG. Which, ended up being not so successful. I was then scheduled for a Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy where I was diagnosed with Endometriosis (March 08). The plan? IUI cycles. We were only able to do two cycles because our Insurance did not cover IF. We then found that hubby had abnormal morphology. One more thing to add to our list.

Since we were out of funds, we could not move on to IVF. We decided to take a break. Of course, my cycle decided to be a pain in the butt again in April. I was put on Prometrium to get things back on track. Two weeks later, still nothing. Prometrium for a second time. Positive blood test on June 26th. Really? Yea, we were in total shock.

So, here we are today. In the middle of my 15th week and still so extremely excited and blessed. Honestly, I still can't believe that it finally happened for us, after 2 1/2 years. As I said earlier, I know that 2 1/2 years is not that long, but it was a struggle. A struggle to deal, to get out of bed and face the day sometimes. I will always be IF. I have been there, I understand. And it sucks. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It takes you through Hell and back and sometimes you are there several different times. I am still fighting for everyone else who is fighting their own battle.

4 comments:

Jen AKA Jupiter said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! It gives us endometriosis sufferers hope. I hope everything goes well in the upcoming months.

Jen **ICLW**

Brooke said...

what a great post and helpful for those just stopping by. I wish you all the best in your pregnancy. Hope to be in your shoes soon:) cheers.

Brooke
ICLW

..al said...

Am happy that your book turned to the leaf all of us are waiting for!

All the very very very best for your pregnancy!

Be good!

ICLW

Chelle said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! As soon as I saw you were expecting it brought a smile to my face. I hope it is all going smoothly.

Happy ICLW! :)