Monday, January 11, 2010

We have our little man safe and sound :)

Well...it has definitely been a whirlwind of craziness!! Let's get started shall we?? A little rundown...

Dr. appointment last Tuesday my BP was up too high. My Dr. checked my cervix and I was dilated 1-2cm. He sent me down to Triage to be monitored for up to 24 hours. (This was around 9:30am). I was going to be put on bedrest after my monitoring for the rest of my pregnancy. I was showing major signs of pre-eclampsia.

We had an ultrasound done to see how the little man was measuring and we couldnt get a great reading. We were told around 5lb. 12oz. Back to the room to be monitored. Went to the bathroom....and my water broke. 34 weeks and 5 days. We checked to make sure that was what happened and of course, it was. I was checked into a room and labor was starting. I was upset. This was not how I had foreseen things to happen. But, like it or not, he was coming.

They started me on Pitocin to get things going. My contractions started to be right on top of the other and I was given my epidural just in time. They actually took me off the Pitocin to put more space between contractions. About an hour or two later I was dilating quickly on my own.

Aiden was born at 9:13pm on the 5th of January. Just a few short hours before my 26th birthday. What a birthday present huh?? :) He weighed 6lb 7oz and was 19 inches long. He is beautiful.

We are in the NICU as I write this. We will be in here until at least Friday. Things are going well, just have to be monitored a little more. He is a little jaundice, so he has to be under the bilirubin blanket most all times. They are also giving him caffeine for a couple episodes of apnea that he has had. They have to monitor him for that.

I will post more later....this is the first time I have been able to do anything!

8 comments:

Chelle said...

Oh my goodness! CONGRATULATIONS! I hope your little man is doing well and you get to take him home soon. Best wishes and loads of love!

*BIG hugs*

Nic said...

Congratulations and welcome to Aiden! Hope all remains well with him. Sorry it was not how it was planned. Exciting to have him in the world though!

Anonymous said...

Congrats girl!! From the pictures I saw he is beautiful!! Glad things are going well!! He will be home shortly and you guys will be so happy!! Good luck to all of you!!!

Katie said...

Even though things could have gone a lot smoother could you have asked for a better start to the new year?! I'm so happy for you Meg and hopefully you can bring him home soon. He is so beautiful and I'm sure you and your hubby couldnt be happier. Congrats on your precious little gift! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear he is here and both of you are healthy! Can't wait to see pics!

Congrats!!!

Sarah said...

Glad you were able to post.

Hugs to all!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Congratulations! Hope you can bring him home very soon.

Mel said...

WOW...WOW...WOW! Congrats and Yipeeee! I'm so glad that you all are doing well, and YES, what a great Birthday gift! So happy for you, my dear.

Welcome to the world, precious little Aiden! *hugs*