Thursday, October 14, 2010

9 Month Checkup

......was today :) Little man is getting way too big for his britches! He weighs just over 21lbs and is in the 72nd percentile. And is in the 76th percentile for his height. Not sure the exact measurement for that, but he is tall for his age.

He had to get 2 shots today. One for the first round of flu vaccine and the other for the final Hep B vaccine. He usually does pretty well with the shots and only cries a little bit and today was not any different than normal. It probably helped that he was ready for a bottle when he was done too. Ah, comfort food! We all have it. lol

And...we are finally crawling! Well, when we really, really, want something or are removed from something that we don't need to have. He is still trying to figure it out fully. He has been trying to pull up on everything too. He can get to his knees, but not all the way to his feet without some extra help.

He has become so interactive and I am absolutely loving this age! My little man is full of smiles and giggles almost constantly. You tell him no, and he giggles...you make a funny noise and he giggles...and so on. I love it!

We have been battling a couple ear infections for the past couple months. He had one in August and then had a double ear infection just this past week, but with the follow up today things are looking much better. Which is fantastic. However, his Dr. is already on his toes considering it's not even ear infection season (if there is such a thing?? because according to the Pediatrician there is).

My little man is really growing up now. I wish that time would just stand still for a little bit so that I can keep him little for as long as possible. Like I said, I am loving this stage right now :)

1 comment:

Chelle said...

It only gets better, if you can believe that. I remember when my daughter was that age and wondering how it could possibly get better. Well, it does. Crazy huh?!

Ear infections are the worst. Is he in daycare? My little girl had to get tubes back in February because she had constant ear infections from Nov-Feb and she got RSV from daycare in January. I was actually really happy with the tubes. It kept the ear infections away, and it made flying a piece of cake.

Enjoy each moment and each milestone, and know that there is even more to look forward to!