Tuesday, February 9, 2010

One Month old!!

I havent updated for a while now, so I figured I better let everyone know how things are going over here! We are doing well so far :) Aiden is growing like a weed! We had his 1 month check up this past Friday and he now weighs 7lb 14oz and is 20 1/2 inches long! I am amazed at how he is changing with each passing week!

We are still having nursing issues. I am still supplementing with a bottle after he nurses. And, I am still pumping away every 3-4 hours. It's very time consuming. He has also decided that for whatever reason, he does not like my right side. I have been using a nipple shield to help with this because it seemed as though he was not able to latch on like he should. It has been helping, but when I take it off, we are back at square one. Definitely a little frustrating.

It's tiring. We have somewhat of a schedule right now...he usually eats about every 3 hours and sleeps great! He is a snuggler. So, sometimes he won't even think about sleep unless he is cuddled on mine or his daddy's chest.

I have two more weeks until I have to go back to work. I am not liking that fact. I can't stand the thought of leaving my little man with a complete stranger while I am at work and DH is at work. Luckily, it will only be for about 3 hours a day. And he will be with his grandma on Friday afternoons.
Someone is getting fussy :) I apologize for not commenting on blogs lately...I promise there will come a time when I can do that again! lol

***One Month***

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Honey no one is going to fault you for not commenting on, reading, or writing blogs right now. Being a new mother is crazy insane. Even if you do have a schedule, there is little time for anything else in life, including showers and sleep.

I am glad to hear everything is going so well. Being a new parent is tougher than we know until we're in it. I think the sleep depreivation is the absolute worst part of it all. Then add trying to nurse to the picture, and it can be very frustrating. I had to pump and supplement with formula too because my girls were just too tender for the job in addition to the fact my baby couldn't latch right. Good for you for continuing to try. I managed it for 9 weeks before I got mastitis and called it quits.

Things will get easier as time goes on. You'll really get your feet under you, he'll start to sleep through the night, you won't feel like such a zombie, and he will get to be a lot more interactive fun.

Enoy your little guy while he's still litte and you have him all to yourself 24/7.

*big hugs*

Mrs Woggie said...

You are doing a great job with the feeding! It's so tough in those early months!

Aiden is very very cute!