Monday, October 26, 2009

The Most Amazing Experience

Hubby was finally able to feel our little peanut on Saturday!! We were waiting for the band to start heading to warm-up and Baby K started doing a little dance. So, I hurriedly opened my coat and had him stick his hand to my belly. At that exact moment, Baby K kicked a few times. Hubby's face lit up! You would have thought it was Christmas (he goes nuts for Christmas Day). His exact words "that is the coolest thing ever!!" It was so awesome for him to finally get to feel our little boy.

We don't see each other a whole lot, so times together are extra special right now. He is on vacay this week :) We picked out our paint for the nursery and he was going to start on it today! He is so excited about it too.

I think I am going to have a soccer player too by the way. I feel like he has already bruised one of my ribs from kicking. Especially since it's around the same area where he is normally kicking up a storm. I absolutely love the feeling though. It makes me smile every time I feel him kick.

On another note....our band is going to State Finals!!!! Yay!!! I am so proud of the kids for working so hard the past couple weeks. We were 2nd coming out of our Semi-State compared to the Top 20 bands in Indiana. Only 10 move on to State Finals. So exciting!!! One more week of practicing and perfecting what we already have!! :)

1 comment:

Chelle said...

It is so fun when daddies get to feel their babies kick for the first time. Your husband's respons was WAY cuter than my husband's. I am sure you loved every second of it. I miss feeling the baby kicks and rolls. It is so fun.

Congrats on making it to state finals! That's awesome. Good luck!