Monday, May 9, 2011

I have news :)

It was a fantastic Mother's Day yesterday! I was able to enjoy most of it with the two loves of my life! And...Blaze has had a few really good days! He seems to be perking up a bit and getting back to his old self. He has even decided that it's time to rejoin us in the bed (which means, it's really his bed and we just have to take up whatever space there is left after he settles in, which isn't very much...at all!). We had lunch with hubby's family and then spent the rest of the day outside doing odds and ends in the yard (planting flowers, killing wasps, washing my car, mowing...) Now, if my Grandma could just stay out of the hospital, all would be really good!

I have also been keeping a bit of something from the lovely internet world, well mainly blogland. A will be getting a little sister or brother in November! Yay!! Complete surprise, but we are so incredibly happy! :) Now, to just figure out our space issue...our house is really small. Oh well, it will come!

Cloth Diapering is going well so far! I have yet to venture into putting them on him at night, because he is definitely a heavy wetter, but we will soon. I am still working on building up our stash so that I won't have to wash diapers every single day. And I am slowly figuring out which ones tend to work better than others (at least for us). We are incredibly happy with the Bumgenius 4.0's. I like the velcro best, but the snaps work well too (velcro is just a lot easier for my extremely active little boy). We also have a few Happy Heiny's...I am not too crazy about these. The velcro works really well, but the snaps, not so much. And of course, I have more snaps than velcro. They also seem to fit a lot more bulkier than any others. Not a big fan of that. But things are working well for us so far and hubby seems to even enjoy A's cute little colored bum :) So far so good!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Oh, Meg...I'm SO SO SO HAPPY for you...on the account of Mr. Blaze and for the fact that you'll be adding to your family! :)

Blaze was weighing really heavy on my mind last week. We had some health issues with Duke this winter, and he ended-up having reconstructive knee surgery in January. He's much better now. I pray that Blaze is on the road to full recovery!

As a side note, we are due with #2 at the end of November, as well! Yipeeee for babies! *BIG hugs*

Christina said...

OMG!! So exciting!!! I hope to be right behind you, girl!

I just got your comment about what detergent we use and we actually do Rockin Green, too. We have used the Funk Rock when we've had slight ammonia smells, but we haven't used any others. I've heard good things about Charlie's Soap.

Have you done a strip anytime recently? Every few months, I like to do a strip with Dawn, it always works well. Also, we use Grapefruit Seed Oil in the last rinse. We started when she had thrush and a yeast rash and we've just kept it up because it seems to work well. Good luck!

Sorry, for some reason I can't post a comment on OpenID, but you know who I am!