Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Teething Troubles

A is going through one heck of a time with getting his teeth right now. We had one pop up last Thursday, which my mom found, and I noticed a couple looser stools and a slight fever. Then, just the other day (Monday), the sitter I have for right now informed me that he was very fussy for her (extremely unusual) and was chewing on everything he could get his hands on. That evening, I noticed the top of another tooth. Both of these teeth are on the bottom.

Last night and today have been BAD. Last night, my poor little man was up nearly every 3o-60 minutes fussing. We tried the pacifier (sometimes helps when he chews on it), nursing, teething tablets, and tylenol. My hubby finally took him to the la-z-boy and they fell asleep for the rest of the morning (from about 5-6). Hubby has been reporting to me most of today that A has been pretty much non-stop fussing. He did take about a 2 hour nap late morning, but was fussy again when he woke up and was running a little bit of a fever. So, hubby gave him some more tylenol and teething tablets.

I told him to put a wet washcloth in the freezer for a little bit and then give it to him later to chew on. Hopefully that will help a little bit. We have teethers that he has been chewing on. Any other suggestions?? I hope he sleeps better tonight...it makes me wanna cry when my baby boy is not feeling well and I don't have an immediate solution. I just hope he starts feeling better soon.

We had some late pictures taken of our family and Aiden. I will post some as soon as I get the cd mailed to me. From what I have seen so far, they are awesome! I love them! Can't wait to see the rest!

No comments: